Saturday, January 13, 2007

The smartest guys in the room

Another official blog posting: David Milch on "Deadwood," drug use and string theory.

Meanwhile, I tagged along with Maureen Ryan to have lunch with Ken Levine, writer/producer on what seems like most of my favorite comedies ever ("Cheers," "Frasier," "MASH," "The Simpsons" and more) and author of the terrific By Ken Levine blog. (You may remember my link to his If Aaron Sorkin wrote a show about baseball entry back in September.) It was an off-the-record, friendly lunch with Ken and his wife, so I won't share any of the war stories he told, but he has no problems being candid about past work experiences over at his blog. Check it out if you haven't already. The man knows funny.

4 comments:

Joel said...

Hey, Alan... I'm at the press tour, representing TV Squad and AOL TV (I'm typing this from my room at the Ritz, in fact). The first session I'm supposed to go to is ABC tomorrow. If I see you, I'll make sure I say hi.

Looks like there was some good stuff during the HBO and NBCU sessions yesterday; a colleague of mine covered them, and he got a lot of good material.

Undercover Black Man said...

Uh-oh... David Milch doing David Lynch? That doesn't sound good. Even David Lynch doing David Lynch I can only stand half the time. (Loved "Mulholland Drive," walked out of "Inland Empire."

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Ken in quite a while. But since you mentioned it, I dropped by and read his 24 spec script rejection letter. Fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Undercover Black Man: Lynch and Milch probably shouldn't even be allowed to exist in the same universe. The combination of the two is too overwhelming to imagine.